Roman Rocco Burgan
to receive their most current artwork
August, 9th 2014
Ballybunion in Kerry Ireland is steeped in a long history stretching back to the 14th century when the Castle was acquired from the Geraldine’s by the Bunyan family from which the village of Ballybunion derives its name.The Castle was lost a year later (1583) by William Bunyan for the role he played in the Desmond rebellion. In 1612 the Castle and lands were granted to the 16th Lord of Kerry and Lixnaw. Later in 1783 Richard Hare received possession of the Castle until finally in 1923 the Castle came under the care of the Office of Public Works who remain custodians of the castle to this day.